Tuesday, January 31, 2012

P.K. Limited Music (Part One)


Due to a request, we are going to change gears for a moment.

P.K. Limited held down the fort as the Colgems label was on its last legs.

The group--actually Dan Peyton and Marty Kaniger, two songwriters for Screen Gems/Columbia Music--recorded numerous tracks for the label, with some being used as singles, others as soundtrack music, primarily for the film "Getting Straight."

Here is a sample of their music, including the rare "My Share of the Sidewalk" cover.

And go to my Ranting and Raving Blog for a further appreciation, at http://rantingravingblog.blogspot.com/.

More later.

P. K. Limited - My Share of the Sidewalk.mp3
P.K. Limited - Aint No Way.mp3
P.K. Limited - Feelings.mp3
P.K. Limited - Getting Straight (Main Title).mp3
P.K. Limited - Shades of Gray.mp3

4 Comments:

Blogger EW said...

Thanks so much ... looking forward to part 2.

7:41 AM

 
Blogger Larry said...

My pleasure. It should be coming soon.

3:25 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

lost these titles due to a glitch with my pc.. how can I grab them again Larry, I don't recall being asked to log in last time I grabbed these tracks from the blog.

cheers

J.

2:20 AM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Hey Larry,
I actually know only the 'Getting straight' Theme & 'Shades of Gray' P.K.'s Monkees Remake.

very interested to listen to others
by the duo.

Unfortunately, Links are Down.
Would Appreciate A Re-Up.


Cheers Mate,

Dan.

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com