Monday, July 27, 2009

Most Sought After Colgems Soundtrack?


Now that I have been doing this blog for a couple of years, I have found that some monthly uploads get a roar of approval, while others come and go with a complete thud.

However, there is one soundtrack that keeps going strong, even though I think few of us have ever seen the movie that it is the soundtrack to.

The Interlude soundtrack is one of the rarest records on the Colgems label. The soundtrack is to a 1968 film starring Oskar Werner and Barbara Ferris, and at least in the U.S., the film seemed to have a somewhat short run, even though it generally garnered pretty good reviews.

It features both classical and movie pop tunes. I didn't think it would be to everyone's taste, but I was wrong.

I get asked about this soundtrack about once a month, mainly from those outside of the U.S., who fondly remember the film.

No, I have yet to see it, but if you want the soundtrack, it has been posted here at one of my sites for many months:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Colgems2/

If anyone has any fond memories of the film, please share it with us. I have never seen the movie, but I am getting to the point where I must find this film somewhere to see if, at least for me, the soundtrack merits such attention.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett Chew said...

I will have to check this out. The title track was covered by Morrissey and Souxsie if its the same Interlude I'm thinking of

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com