Sunday, May 04, 2008

Where Have I Been?



You might have wondered where I have been for the past week or so, so let me fill you in on some developments in my life over the past seven days.

Early last Sunday morning, I had very bad stomach indigestion, so bad that I had to be taken to the hospital. I had never had such pain before, and believe me, I hope to never feel such pain again.

Anyway, the pain was so great that I passed out in the waiting room. To cut to the chase, I had numerous tests performed on me last Sunday, and it all led to one conclusion: that my gall bladder had to be removed.

I guess I was due--in my first 50 years I never had an operation of any kind, and was only in a hospital a few times--never for myself directly--including when my two kids were born.

Without going into all the gory details, I had the operation--on my birthday yet, Monday, April 28--and there was a minor complication, but literally a week later, I feel pretty good.

A number of restrictions had been placed on me, which I am following to the letter. I hope to be back driving and back at work later this week.

Anyway, again, I feel pretty good now, so I am back, hopefully for good.

Thanks for your patience.

Larry Lapka

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Larry! OMG! I'm sorry to hear that you wound up having to have your gall bladder removed--and on your birthday, yet!

Well, Happy Belated Birthday AND I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Welcome back,
Dan

(P.S. - I know somewhat what it is like for you. I fell at home on 4/21/08 and broke my left forearm so severely I had to have surgery a few days later to insert a titanium plate and screws to mend the broken bone. First broken bone and first "major" surgery in my 38+ year life. It catches up with all of us, huh? All of this has been laboriously typed with only my right hand--but I'm gettin' good at it! LOL)

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Larry said...

Dan:
I am sure you are doing well--I mean, look at that picture, you don't look like you are in pain (ha ha).

Look at my "picture," and that is exactly how I looked after coming out of this mess.

All kidding aside, I am doing better, and I am ready to continue my search for rare Colgems stuff.

I hope both of us have speedy recoveries.

4:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com