Tuesday, May 16, 2006

One of the Rarest Colgems Singles


The Colgems label had its share of rare singles. This was perhaps one of the rarest. It was from the classic film and soundtrack "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner." I have never seen a promotional copy of this single, only what you see here. That is pretty unusual, as promo copies seem to be in more abundance than the released singles more times than not on this label.

Frank DeVol was a legendary musician, was involved in countless films and TV shows, and actually was featured on the various "Fernwood" shows as the bandleader without a clue.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

How many degrees of separation are there between Frank DeVol and Neely Plumb? One? Frank DeVol wrote music cues for "The Brady Bunch," which starred (among others) Eve Plumb as "Jan Brady," who is the daughter of...Mr. Neely Plumb.

Any chance of your sharing this Colgems single ("Theme from 'Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?'")? You have a fabulous collection, Larry!

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Larry said...

Dan-
I wish I could. I just have a scan--I don't have this one! When I get it, I'll post it.

That link is pretty freaky. I wonder if it's true?

6:39 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Hopefully, someday you'll find more than just a scan!

Actually, it is a true link--Neely Plumb is the father of Eve Plumb.

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Larry said...

Fascinating!

I am on the lookout for this single--I think that it will come my way eventually.

6:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com