Saturday, April 29, 2006

Why No Colgems Releases On CD?


This is a very good question to which I don't have an answer.

Obviously, the recording career of The Monkees has been well documented by Rhino Records. When Colgems went kaput, I assume the masters to this material went to Bell Records, later to Arista Records, and now might be in the hands of Warner Brothers.

Colgems releases have turned up here and there. Besides the Monkees, The Lewis and Clarke Expedition's "I Feel Good (I Feel Bad)" has surfaced here and there, and this year saw the rerelease of the "Oliver" soundtrack in a package that included not just the music, but the classic film itself.

Beyond that, I have absolutely no idea why these tunes have not turned up on legitimate CDs. Home-made CDs are another story, and yes, that is another story for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com